Terms & Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions before proceeding with using our services. For COVID-19 testing services, please read our supplementary COVID-19 terms and conditions.
Receiving your item
Postal dispatch: We aim to dispatch postal orders next working day (Mon-Fri). Typically orders made after midday on Friday will be posted on Monday. Postal kits are sent via Royal Mail Tracked 24. Please allow 1-2 days for delivery. Test To Release postal kits are posted on the 4th day after arrival.
Click & Collect: Test kits may be collected from Mayfield Clinic, Summertown between the hours of 09:30-17:00, Monday-Friday. Collection is not available at any other sites.
- N.B. For Test To Release COVID Tests - Test to release COVID-19 PCR kits may only be collected 5 full days after your return flight has arrived (not before), e.g. for a Sunday arrival, you may collect and submit your sample the following Friday. All other tests may be collected from Mayfield Clinic Oxford 30 minutes after the order has been placed, during opening hours.
Returning a sample
For COVID-19 PCR Samples:
For Next Day PCR Tests (Randox) - See here: https://www.mayfieldclinic.co....
For Same Day PCR Tests (Randox) - See here: https://www.mayfieldclinic.co....
For other tests (e.g., Salient Day 2&8), please return via post or by returning to Mayfield Clinic Oxford.
By Post: We do not recommend sending by post, except for Day 2&8 (where you can use the included postage envelopes). If you do wish to post, please send via Royal Mail Tracked 24, purchased online.
For Other Samples (including Antibody Tests, HPV Tests):
To Mayfield Clinic Oxford: Test kits should be returned to the letterbox to the right of the front door on Summerfield Road. Samples are couriered to the laboratory each week day.
By Post: Send via Royal Mail Tracked 24. Typically these kits will include a postage paid envelope.
Depending on the service results are either sent via Email (COVID-19 PCR Results) or SMS (Antibody Results, HPV Results). Results timelines vary based on the service bought. Please see the relevant webpage for details.
If you have not received a PCR result, there are 3 scenarios we commonly see that lead to 'missing' results:
- The barcode has not been registered on the laboratory website - if your barcode begins with an M or an R, then register here (https://randoxhealth.com/register-kit) if it begins with a number register here (http://portal.salient.bio/). This is the most common issue we see.
- The results have been filtered into your junk
- There was a typo made when registering your email on the laboratory website
You can also contact the labs directly either via firstname.lastname@example.org (barcodes beginning with M or R), or email@example.com (barcodes beginning with numbers).
COVID-19 Service Outline & Timelines
- PCR (48 Hours): test results typically returned 48 hours from 3PM on the day of sampling
- PCR (Next Day): test results typically returned next day before midnight
- PCR (Same Day): test results are typically published that evening before midnight. Please note that same day tests are only available in appointments before 3PM. Results are sent to the patient via email.
- PCR (Day 2 / Day 8): timelines are ~24 hours once the sample reaches the lab. Samples are sent by Royal Mail tracked 24 and you should allow 24-48 hours for your sample to reach the lab.
- Rapid Antigen: The Rapid Antigen (Abbott-Panbio) result certificate can be collected within 1 hour of your appointment. Please ensure in advance your appointment, if travelling, that Rapid Antigen testing is accepted by your travel destination.
- N.B. Occasionally issues outside of our control (e.g., courier delays, lab processing issues, laboratory supply chain issues) may mean that your sample takes longer to return than the target timeline. Because of this we are not able to guarantee a result within a set timeframe. The practice is not liable for any other associated costs should your results be delayed. For travel testing, werecommend planning your testing to ensure you have your results "in-hand" at least 24 hours prior to departure. By submitting your sample you accept this.
For further queries please see our FAQs page.
Returns, Refunds and Cancellations
Home test kits are personalised items and are non-refundable. Kits ordered for collection at Mayfield Clinic will be held for 7 days before being posted out to your address.